Ultimate English B2 Student’s Book includes:
• Ten thematically-organised units, each comprised of distinct lessons covering all skills, vocabulary and grammar, while preparing for all aspects of every B2 exam.
• Unique profile pages that engage students through spectacular images and intriguing quotes to motivate students to express themselves creatively.
• Specially-created, enticing video clips in all Reading and Grammar lessons, offering an ideal introduction to topics and key language.
• Clear learning aims in each lesson leading to spoken and written learning outcomes that follow the syllabus of all international exams at this level.
• A strong focus on vocabulary acquisition and expansion, through contexts that excite the student’s imagination while carefully leading up to B2 language exams.
• Thorough coverage of all Grammar areas needed at B2 level, with grammar summaries and controlled activities leading to exam practice, all within the unit theme.
• Listening and speaking skills developed in stages, with task analysis, models, useful Checklists and opportunities for real-life expression in special Problem Solvers sections.
• Special writing skills lessons prepare students for all tasks found in international exams through step-by-step guidance, writing models and handy Checklists.
• Special features such as Have your say! and Debate Club help learners foster 21st century skills such as critical thinking and collaboration.
• Ample opportunities for practice and exam preparation in each unit in the Practice and Review sections, with additional Progress checks after every two units.
• A Grammar reference section with detailed coverage of the grammar theory in each unit.
• A Writing bank and Speaking bank with extra material to support the students’ productive skills development.
Ultimate English Workbook includes a wealth of stimulating activities that closely reflect the topics, language areas and content of the Student’s Book. The Workbook engages learners thanks to its visual appeal and clear organisation, while offering support and developing their language skills so that learners can reach their full potential.
Ultimate English Workbook features:
• A full set of carefully-graded tasks for each core lesson of the Student’s Book, offering thorough practice in task formats reflecting established B2-level exams.
• Activities for each lesson that recycle, practise and expand on all aspects of language presented in the Student’s Book.
• Meaningful activities with a fresh and interesting approach which makes the Workbook ideal for class use as well as homework practice.
• Practice in international exam formats in every lesson that offers students exposure to exam tasks and ensures their success.
• Full coverage of vocabulary and grammar through a comprehensive syllabus that gives students opportunities to learn, use and revise all key language throughout the course.
• Helpful Tips that focus on techniques and strategies essential to improving performance in formal examinations.
• Special attention paid to further development of reading and writing skills, with step-by-step writing guidance that instils confidence into students to express themselves.
• Extra exam preparation in specially designed B2 Practice sections that reflect established English language exams.
• Additional Progress check sections at the end of every two units that offer an opportunity for carefully controlled assessment.
Ultimate English Grammar and Vocabulary has been specially written to precisely reflect the topics, grammar areas and lexical fields in Ultimate English Student’s Book. Grammar is presented through engaging visuals and motivating reading texts to expose learners to the natural use of language and to offer good models for its effective and accurate use.
Ultimate English Grammar and Vocabulary features:
• Fresh and thought-provoking reading texts, carefully developed to recycle vocabulary areas of the respective unit in the Student’s Book while offering an ideal, context-based presentation of the key grammar.
• Detailed grammar tables with complete reference, explanation and examples on all grammar areas included in the Student’s Book and
required in all established B2 examinations.
• A large range of practice exercises for every grammar point, leading up to exam-level tasks.
• A separate section on Vocabulary with an array of activities that reflect the Student’s Book topic vocabulary as well as expand further upon it to enrich the students’ lexical ability.
• Extra English in Use sections that focus on natural language use and offer B2-level exam practice in established exam format.
• At the end of every unit, Grammar and Vocabulary Review sections that offer an opportunity for revision and self-assessment.
Available with grammar theory in either English or Greek.