Cambridge YLE exam Flyers level.
• five complete practice tests for the updated Cambridge English: Young Learners Flyers test
• consolidation exercises after every test to ensure students practise vocabulary which frequently appears in the test.
• full introduction for students and parents which includes detailed information about the test and advice on how to prepare for the test.
• A-Z Word List which includes all the vocabulary students must be familiar with to do well in the test.
• clear audio providing listening practice.
• free access to one complete online practice test.
• Audio CD providing listening practice with authentic British accents
• Interactive Whiteboard Software
Teacher's Book for the Cambridge YLE exam preparation level Flyers.
• information for teachers about the test which includes an outline of each paper and detailed information on each part within the papers.
• tips on how to prepare students for each part of the test.
• a tapescript for each of the five practice tests.
• a speaking script for each practice test so that teachers can conduct the speaking paper of each practice test under test conditions, and students can become familiar with the exact structure of the speaking paper of the test.
Student's Book with e-book, Reader and Writing booklet
Hot Shots Student’s Book Each level is divided into 8 topic-related cycles. The cycles, which cover all skills, are of a manageable length and all 8 cycles can be completed in one school year.
Each of the eight cycles contains:
• stimulating and manageable two-page lessons designed to be simple to use and easy to teach.
• a carefully-structured review which checks students’ progress.
• a topic-related writing activity in the separate Writing Booklet.
• an exciting episode of the on-going story with exercises contained in the free reader.
There are also several topic-related projects and plays which practise and consolidate the vocabulary and grammar taught at this level. Students will be able to perform these plays for parents and friends, giving them a great sense of achievement.
Hot Shots Workbook practises and consolidates vocabulary and grammar taught in the Student’s Book. Its clear and simple format means that it can be used by students at home as well as in class.
Hot Shots Workbook contains:
• 36 two-page lessons each consisting of three vocabulary and three grammar tasks which relate directly to the lesson in the Student’s Book.
• a wide variety of stimulating and enjoyable tasks, including word banks, spell checks, anagrams, crosswords, word searches and picture-based tasks.
• 8 large word searches, one for each of the topic-related cycles
Hot Shots Teacher's Book
Hot Shots Teacher's Book is a complete step-by-step guide for teachers. Each lesson from the Student's Book is reproduced in the Teacher's Book for easy reference, and iis easy-to-follow layout provides busy teachers with a valuable teaching aid.
- clear and concise lesson plans for all lessons, reviews and reading episodes
- keys to all the exercises in the Student's Book
- extra reading comprehension questions for each lesson
- suggestions for extra class activities and extra activities for early finishers
- tips for the teacher
- tapescripts for the listening exercises in the Student's Book
- notes on topic-related projecs
- practical advice on how to put on the plays with guidance on rehearsals, stage management, choosing the cast and making costumes and props
- photocopiable material for early finishers and Hot Word exercises
- keys to the workbook and Test Book for easier marking
Grammar with an interactive CD-ROM
- 21 grammar sections, in each of which the key grammatical structures are presented in entertaining comics. Each section ends with a written assignment and an exercise in speaking. The “be a genius” section provides helpful tips for completing training tasks;
- 5 sections on the repetition and consolidation;
- Appendix with a list of words for each section, spelling rules, a table of irregular verbs.
The CD-ROM includes 4 additional interactive exercises for each section.
Pupil's Book with e-book
The Pupil's Book includes:
- an introductory unit reviewing key language from Amazing English 3, as well as introducing the main characters in the exciting ongoing story, The Amazing Kids
- unit openers that activate theme-related vocabulary from Cambridge YLE Starters
- theme-related units, including lessons about amazing people, places and things, as well as special skills-building lessons that actively develop students' listening, speaking and writing skills
- regular reviews that reinforce language presented within the unit and that finish with a theme-related video and a catchy song
- theme related CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) and Culture sections that encourage students to engage in pair or group work while focussing on other subjects such as maths or geography in English, or while exploring a particular aspect of life
- beautifully-illustrated episodes of the exciting ongoing story, The Amazing Kids, that not only capture students' imagination and motivate them to read in English, but also reinforce the themes and language presented in the student's book
- values and Now take it home! features that ensure students connect their learning to the real world
The book includes an e-book, which contains the full version of the Student's Book with interactive tasks, audio and video materials, voiced by Wordlist
Lesson by lesson, the Workbook follows up on the vocabulary and grammar taught in the student's book and also provides further reading and writing practice. Its clear and simple format means it can be used by students at home as well as in class
- an introductory unit
- six theme-related units, in which lessons 1-4 practice the vocabulary and grammar from the corresponding lesson in the student's book while the skills-building lesson provides grammar practice as well as further reading and writing practice
- six reviews, providing further consolidation of the vocabulary and grammar
An interactive version of the Workbook can be found on the Interactive Whiteboard Software
Amazing English Grammar
is a new four-level series of beautifully illustrated grammar reference and practice books, taking students from Senior A to Senior D class. Each level is of a manageable length and can be completed in one academic year. Thanks to its thoroughly researched syllabus, Amazing English Grammar can be used alongside any Senior A-D course. Amazing English Grammar contains:
• an introductory unit containing two lessons, and six main units containing five lessons.
• amusing grammar presentations featuring The Amazing Kids: Rocky, Dash, Feather and Cat.
• clear, simple grammar theory.
• a wide variety of practice exercises.
• speaking tasks to encourage students to use the grammar productively in contextualised situations.
• regular reviews consolidating the grammar learnt in the preceding two units.
• writing tasks to allow students to use the grammar productively in contextualised situations.
• a list of irregular verbs.
- clear lesson plans with detailed instructions and the key to all tasks from the Student's Book
- backround information on some of the reading texts, amazing facts and other texts that refer to real things
- suggestions for extension activities and teaching tips
- the recording script with justification underlined for the listening tasks included in the Student's Book.
- photocopiable tasks for for use with students who finish early in class, as a way of revising prior to a test, or as extra practice of the vocabulary and grammar in the Students book
- photocopiable songsheets for the songs which appear in each unit of the Student's book
- photocopiable worksheets for each episode of the ongoing story, The Amazing Kids
- the keys for the Workbook and the Test Book
Test Book Contains:
- six quizzes that focus on the key vocabulary and grammar from the six units of the Student's Book
- three progress tests, one for use after every two units of the Student's Book, that include reading comprehension, vocabulary and grammar tasks and a writing task
- an end-of-year test covering reading comprhension, vocabulary and grammar tasks and a choice of writing tasks
The Amazing English IWB software combines all the components of this course into one amazing interactive tool to help teachers bring their lessons to life in the classroom.
Amazing English 1 Interactive Whiteboard Software contains:
• the interactive Student’s Book page-for-page, including the animated story episodes.
• the interactive Workbook, which includes all of the Workbook exercises in fully interactive format.
• the interactive Grammar with fully animated presentations.
• the interactive Companion which includes all of the Companion exercises and the EnglishGreek wordlist, songs and videos.
• interactive games to be played in class and at the end of each unit if time permits.
Class Audio CDs
contain the narration of the reading texts, as well as all audio required for the listening tasks, the songs and the episodes of the Amazing Kids in the student's book. These recordings can also be accessed on the IWB. Professional actors are used in all recordings to ensure clarity and accurate intonation and pronunciation
Amazing English Companion
Amazing English Companion accompanies the Student’s Book. Lesson by lesson, it covers the vocabulary and grammar presented in the Student’s Book and makes an ideal study aid. Amazing English Companion contains:
• all new vocabulary appearing in the Student’s Book.
• useful and accurate English-Greek translation.
• topic-related example sentences.
• derivatives appropriate to the language level.
• notes on usage, synonyms and antonyms.
• English-Greek translation of the grammar theory in the Student’s Book.
• vocabulary and grammar tasks practising the main vocabulary and grammar content.
At the back of the Companion, there is an irregular verbs list and an alphabetical word list containing all the words and phrases in the Companion along with their entry numbers
Hot Shots Companion consolidates the vocabulary and grammar taught in the Student's Book, and makes an ideal study aid
- all new vocabulary presented in the Student's Book
- useful and accurate English-Greek translation
- topic-related example sentences
- derivatives (where appropriate to the language level)
- thorough and concise coverage of grammar topics in Greek
- tasks which recycle vocabulary and grammar taught in each of the topic-related cycles in the Student's Book
Grammar with an interactive CD-ROM
Grammar Genius features:
- grammar presented through loveable cartoon strips in simple, amusing contexts that motivate young learners
- grammar structures taught in short, learner-friendly steps
- detailed, clear and easy to follow reference sections
- a wide variety of carefully graded practice exercises
- writing and speaking tasks at the end of each unit
- special 'be a genius' boxes with helpful tips
- regular revision units
- a unit-by-unit wordlist at the back of the book
- extra interactice CD-ROM with additional practice exercises
- a new test for each set of units of the Student's Book
- a thorough final test as an end-of-year check
- tasks carefully written to check all main grammar items taught in the respective Student's Book units
- all tasks bearing a ready-made score scheme for easy marking
Just Write 3 can be used alongside any course at A2+ level to reinforce the learners' skills.
Key features of Just Write 3:
- a wide array of writing genres covering topics common at this level
- a step-by-step approach to writing, including a variety of vocabulary and grammar activities leading into a writing task
- JUST A MINUTE! writing tips offering useful advice on the writing task at hand
The Hamilton Skills Builder 3 Student’s Book
Key features of The Hamilton Skills Builder 3 Student’s Book:
• a variety of reading texts featuring the Amazing Kids characters with level-appropriate task types that ensure students learn to read for different purposes
• pre-listening and pre-writing tasks that introduce useful theme-based vocabulary
• a variety of listening and speaking tasks, including tasks that appear in the Cambridge English: Young Learners Pre A1 Starters and A1 Movers tests
• a step-by-step approach to writing, including model compositions, writing plans and guided writing tasks
• a JUST SAY IT! feature in each unit that focuses on one aspect of English pronunciation that students often have difficulty with
• DO IT RIGHT! features in reading, writing, listening and speaking sections that clarify the focus of the skill being practised, or give students useful tips on correct English usage
Amazing English 3 Writing Booklet
• one two-page writing lesson for each of the six units in the Student’s Book.
• a wide variety of stimulating and enjoyable writing activities relevant to the students’ level and ability.
• six writing models designed to help students produce their own material and develop their writing skills.
Amazing English 3 Writing Booklet forms an integral part of Amazing English, an exciting new three-level course specially written for young learners.