American Download Pre-A1 Student's Book Key features:
- 10 theme-related units, each containing carefully developed tasks designed to develop students' reading, writing, listening and speaking skills
- 10 Reload sections, one at the end of each unit, to reinforce vocabulary and grammar presented
- 5 Progress Reviews, one after every two units, to consolidate the vocabulary and grammar
- a Grammar Reference to support the grammar theory presented in each unit
- a Writing Bank and a Speaking Bank to support students' productive skills
American Download Pre-A1 Workbook practices and consolidates the skills, vocabulary and the grammar taught in the Student's Book. The structure of the Workbook unit reflects that of the units of the Student's Book, providing a valuable tool that allows students to follow up lesson-by-lesson on the Student's Book content. Its clear and simple format means that it can be used by students at home as well as in class.
- 10 theme-related units, each containing Reading, Vocabulary, Grammar, Listening, and Writing sections. The vocabulary and grammar taught in each unit of the Student’s Book is further practiced in exam-style tasks in the Use Your English sections of each unit.
- 5 progress reviews, providing further consolidation of the vocabulary and grammar.
An interactive version of American Download Pre-A1 Workbook, including the audio necessary for the listening activities, can be found on the American Download A1 Interactive Whiteboard Software.
American Download Pre-A1 Test Book contains a comprehensive set of tests that assess student's progress at various stages of the course.
- 10 multiple-choice quizzes that focus on the key vocabulary and grammar from the ten units of the student's book
- 5 progress tests, one for use after every two units of the student's book, that include reading, vocabulary, grammar and writing tasks
- a mid-year writing test and an an end-of-year writing test covering reading, Use Your English, and writing.
- a mid-year listening test and an end-of-year listening test, the audio for which can be found in American Download Pre-A1 Class Audio CD & Test Audio CD and also in American Download A1 Interactive Whiteboard Software.
The American Download Pre-A1 Test Book also includes useful Student's Score Sheets, where test results and comments can be recorded.
American Download Pre-A1 Teacher's Book provides everything the teacher needs to make best use of the material in the Student's Book.
American Download Pre-A1 Teacher's Book contains:
- clear lesson plans with detailed instructions and the key to all tasks from the Student's Book
- suggestions for extension tasks and teaching tips
- the recording script with justification underlined for the listening tasks included in the Student's Book
- photocopiable tasks for use with students who finish early in class, as a way of reviewing prior to a test or as extra practice of the vocabulary and grammar in the student's book
- the keys and recording scripts (justification underlined) for the Workbook and the Test Book
This component consists of Class Audio CD, Workbook Audio CD and Test Book Audio CD.
The Class CD contains the narration of the reading passages as well as all audio required for the listening tasks found in the Student's Book. The Workbook CD contains the recordings required for the listening tasks in the Workbook. The Test Book CD includes the audio required for the Mid-Year Listening Test and the End-of-Year Listening Test. The recordings found on all audio CDs can be accessed on the Interactive Whiteboard Software. Professional actors are used in all recordings to ensure clarity and accurate intonation and pronunciation.
American Download A1 IWB contains the Student's Book, the Workbook and also the Grammar in digital format. Most of the tasks found in these books are interactive and have been developed to be easy to use by both students and teachers alike. The DVD links for the Student's Book openers as well as the audio accompanying both the Student's Book and the and the Work Book listening tasks can be easily accessed. The reading passages found in the Student's Book are narrated on the on the IWB. Justification for all Student's Book and and Work Book reading comprehension and listening tasks is available at the touch of a button, as is the key to all tasks.
The audio required for the listening tests in the Test Book has also been included