- Theme-related units, each containing carefully developed tasks designed to develop students’ reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills as well as build on their knowledge of vocabulary and grammar.
- Reload sections, one at the end of each unit, to reinforce vocabulary and grammar presented.
- Progress Reviews, one after every two units, to consolidate vocabulary and grammar.
- A Grammar Reference to support the grammar theory presented in each unit.
- A Writing Bank and a Speaking Bank to support students’ productive skills.
- 10 theme-related units, containing Reading, Vocabulary, Grammar, Listening, and Writing sections. The vocabulary and grammar taught in each unit of the Student’s Book is further practiced in exam-style tasks in the Use Your English sections of each unit.
- 5 progress reviews, providing further consolidation of the vocabulary and grammar.
An interactive version of American Download A2 Workbook, including the audio necessary for the listening activities, can be found on the American Download A2 Interactive Whiteboard Software.
American Download A2 Grammar contains:
- 10 units that start with a grammar presentation in the form of an interesting web-style page
- clear, simple grammar theory presented in the same order as it appears in American Download A2 Student's Book
- a wide variety of practice exercises
- a speaking task and a writing task in each unit that encourage students to use the grammar productively in contextualized situations
- regular progress reviews that consolidate the grammar learned in the preceding two units
At the back of American Download A2 Grammar, there are charts presenting verb forms, a summary of spelling rules, and also an irregular verbs list
American Download A2 Test Book contains:
- 10 multiple-choice quizzes that focus on the key vocabulary and grammar from the twelve units of the Student's Book
- 5 progress tests, one for use after every two units of the Student's Book, that include reading,vocabulary, grammar and writing tasks
- A mid-year writing test and an end-of-year writing test covering Reading, Use Your English and Writing
- A mid-year listening and an end-of-year listening test, the audio for which can be found in American Download A2 Class Audio CD, Workbook Audio CD, and Test Book Audio CD, and also on American Download A2 Interactive Whiteboard Software
The American Download A2 Test Book also includes useful Student's score Sheets, where test results and comments can be recorded
American Download A2 Teacher's Book contains:
- clear lesson plans with detailed instructions and the key to all tasks from the Student's Book
- suggestions for extension tasks and teaching tips
- the recording scripts with justification underlined for the listening tasks included in the Student's Book
- photocopiable tasks for use with students who finish early in class, as a way of reviewing prior to a test, or as extra practice of the vocabulary and grammar in the Student's Book
- the keys and recording scripts (justification underlined) for the Workbook and Test Book
American Download A2 Audio CDs
This component consists of Class Audio CDs, Workbook Audio CDs, and Test Book Audio CD. The Class CDs contain the narration of the reading passages as well as all audio required for the listening tasks found in the Student's Book. the Workbook CDs contain the narration of the Workbook reading passages as well as the recordings required for the listening tasks in the Workbook. The Test Book CD includes the audio required for the Mid-Year Listening Test and the End-of-Year Listening Test. The recordings found on all audio CDs can be accessed on the IWB and downloaded from the website. Professional actors are used in all recordings to ensure clarity and accurate intonation and pronunciation
American Download A2 Interactive Whiteboard Software
The IWB software contains the Student's Book ,the Workbook and the Grammar book in digital format. Most of the tasks found in these books are interactive and have been developed to be easy to use by both students and teachers alike. The video-activity links for the Student's Book openers as well as the audio accompanying both the Student's Book and the Workbook listening tasks can be easily accessed. The reading passages found in the Student's Book and the Workbook are also narrated on the IWB. Justification for all Student's Book and Workbook Reading comprehension and listening tasks are available at the touch of a button, as is the key to all tasks. The audio required for the listening tests in the Test Book has also been included.