All American C1/C2 Student's Book
All American C1/C2 Student’s Book includes:
• ten units covering all key thematic areas commonly found in international C1/C2 examinations, with clearly organised sections for each skill.
• a thorough system of training and support in the first half of the Student’s Book, with Exam strategies, Tips and Language banks.
• realistic exam-level practice in the second half of the Student’s Book, with helpful Tips.
• appealing Opener pages that engage students in contemporary issues in the Point of View sections, and raise their vocabulary awareness through interactive tasks.
• special emphasis on reading on a variety of stimulating topics.
• a separate Vocabulary section that expands on the lexical field and lays emphasis on derivation and accurate use of phrasal verbs, idioms, collocations, etc.
• grammar practice carefully focused on advanced language areas, with supporting Tips.
• a dedicated section on Cloze passages linked to the thematic area, offering preparation for common exam tasks.
• Listening and Speaking sections developing skills and focusing on specific aspects of exams at an advanced level.
• extensive Writing sections with a comprehensive programme of skills development and exam training, including in-depth analysis of commonly tested genres, brainstorming, language and register use, text organisation, etc.
• a Practice section after every two units with realistic exam tasks, consolidating grammar and vocabulary in new contexts while offering valuable exam practice.
The All American C1/C2 Workbook offers additional practice in all four skills and all aspects
of language included in the Student’s Book. The Workbook includes:
• extensive vocabulary practice through a range of different tasks covering all key lexical items in each Student’s Book unit, and focusing on lexical fields, collocations, expressions, idioms, etc., all within the unit theme.
• grammar sections that offer comprehensive practice on all structures in the Student’s Book and cover all grammar areas required for C2 exams.
• multiple choice Cloze passages, specially written to recycle the themes and target language in the Student’s Book units, offering preparation for common exam tasks.
• listening practice in realistic exam-level tasks that reflect the unit topic and develop the learners’ skills.
• a complete writing section modelled on common C2 exam tasks and closely connected to the writing skills development program in the Student’s Book, with additional support for learners.
• a dedicated speaking section in each unit which encourages learners to express themselves through C2 exam-level prompts associated with the unit topic.
The All American C1/C2 Test Book offers a comprehensive scheme for assessment and progress evaluation of the key language and skills in the Student’s Book.
The Test Book includes:
• ten Quizzes, one for each unit in the Student’s Book, testing all key vocabulary and grammar areas.
• five Progress Tests, one for every two units in the Student’s Book, including exam-type tasks on vocabulary, grammar, cloze passages and writing.
• a Mid-Year Test and an End-of-Year Test, evaluating student progress through exam-type tasks on vocabulary, grammar, reading comprehension, cloze passages, listening and writing.
All Quizzes and Tests come complete with a ready-for-use marking scheme. Score sheets are also included.
The All American C1/C2 Teacher’s Book is a complete guide for teachers using the All American course. It offers comprehensive coverage of methodology and approach for each unit, along with lesson organization and aims, classroom techniques, suggested answers and procedures, background information, etc.
The Teacher’s Book includes:
• a special Walk-through unit where the Student’s Book structure, sections and key features are succinctly presented in an at-a-glance visual demonstration.
• thorough guidance for every unit in the Student’s Book, with lesson aims, notes for each activity, suggested approaches, background information, and additional optional activities.
• complete suggested answers or models for the Speaking and Writing tasks of each unit.
• the Recording scripts for all listening tasks in the Student’s Book, Workbook and Test Book.
• the Answer Key for all tasks in the Student’s Book, Workbook and Test Book.
• the complete Video scripts for all videos in the Student’s Book.
The All American C1/C2 Companion is a useful tool for learners needing support with learning, consolidating and expanding their knowledge and use of vocabulary.
The Companion includes:
• all words and expressions in the Student’s Book and Workbook that students would need to learn or revise, listed in order of appearance.
• an accurate definition of each word or expression in English, related to its specific use in the Student’s Book or Workbook, with phonetic transcription and translation in modern Greek.
• an example for each headword, specially written to reflect its meaning in the specific context.
• additional listing of associated words, derivatives, synonyms, opposites and special notes where useful.
• a complete Grammar Reference section in each unit, with grammar theory translated in Greek.
• extra Vocabulary and Grammar Practice sections in every unit, with additional exam-type tasks on the key lexical and structural items of the unit.
• a separate Alphabetical word list at the back of the Companion, for ease of reference.
All American C1/C2 Audio
All American C1/C2 Audio CDs
This component consists of Class Audio CDs, Workbook Audio Cds, and Test Book Audio CD. The Class CDs contain the narration of the reading passages as well as all audio required for the listening tasks found in the Student's Book. The Workbook CDs contain the narration of the Workbook reading passages as well as the recordings required for the listening tasks in the Workbook. The Test Book CD includes the audio required for the Mid-Year Listening Test and the End-of-Year Listening Test. The recordings found on all audio CDs can be accessed on the IWB and downloaded from the website. Professional actors are used in all recordings to ensure clarity and accurate intonation and pronunciation