All American C1/C2 Student’s Book includes:
• ten units covering all key thematic areas commonly found in international C1/C2 examinations, with clearly organised sections for each skill.
• a thorough system of training and support in the first half of the Student’s Book, with Exam strategies, Tips and Language banks.
• realistic exam-level practice in the second half of the Student’s Book, with helpful Tips.
• appealing Opener pages that engage students in contemporary issues in the Point of View sections, and raise their vocabulary awareness through interactive tasks.
• special emphasis on reading on a variety of stimulating topics.
• a separate Vocabulary section that expands on the lexical field and lays emphasis on derivation and accurate use of phrasal verbs, idioms, collocations, etc.
• grammar practice carefully focused on advanced language areas, with supporting Tips.
• a dedicated section on Cloze passages linked to the thematic area, offering preparation for common exam tasks.
• Listening and Speaking sections developing skills and focusing on specific aspects of exams at an advanced level.
• extensive Writing sections with a comprehensive programme of skills development and exam training, including in-depth analysis of commonly tested genres, brainstorming, language and register use, text organisation, etc.
• a Practice section after every two units with realistic exam tasks, consolidating grammar and vocabulary in new contexts while offering valuable exam practice.
The All American C1/C2 Workbook offers additional practice in all four skills and all aspects
of language included in the Student’s Book. The Workbook includes:
• extensive vocabulary practice through a range of different tasks covering all key lexical items in each Student’s Book unit, and focusing on lexical fields, collocations, expressions, idioms, etc., all within the unit theme.
• grammar sections that offer comprehensive practice on all structures in the Student’s Book and cover all grammar areas required for C2 exams.
• multiple choice Cloze passages, specially written to recycle the themes and target language in the Student’s Book units, offering preparation for common exam tasks.
• listening practice in realistic exam-level tasks that reflect the unit topic and develop the learners’ skills.
• a complete writing section modelled on common C2 exam tasks and closely connected to the writing skills development program in the Student’s Book, with additional support for learners.
• a dedicated speaking section in each unit which encourages learners to express themselves through C2 exam-level prompts associated with the unit topic.